<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6922761684771601410?origin\x3dhttp://lurve-shami.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
21 June 2009

HAPPY FATHERS' DAY!!

NDP at Marina Bay

It was frigging awesome la! We went to Marina Bay for training. Let me tell u everything.

We did the usual stuff when we got to HQ. Guo Ying Sir was the DI for the day. So he told us to cheer all. After that, we ate our breakfast and boarded the bus to go to Marina Bay.

In the bus, Jia Qi and I sabo-ed Tricia. Lol. At first, Jia Qi kenna. Guo Ying Sir called her to sing the Excited Cheer, but we all forgot. Then Jia Qi didn't wanna sing. I like tap her cos he was calling her. Then she was like "Ha? I really forgot!" Then she suddenly say "Guo Ying Sir! Tricia know the song!!"
And we all laughed. Khairul Sir also laughed. Cos he understood what we were trying to do. So yeah. We reached the Holding Area. All the UGs were there too. NCC sat beside us, Girl Guides-behind us and Girls' Brigade-in front of us.
Ella, Vince, Adeline and I went to the toilet. The toilet was like, WOW! Big lor! Damn nice. Then after that, we went back and sat down together. We had lunch,which was KFC.
Nicky Sir told the 2 front rows coming from the entrance to eat faster cos we needed to go there first to familiarise the place where we were going to march. I was eating and Kenyon was being so gross. He was talking about whether KFC has chicken breasts.
I almost gagged lor! And 'Greendale' Firdaus and Navin was laughing...Typical Boys. Lol. But I laughed too. Cos Kenyon's chicken fell down. ROFL.
After that,my row and the row beside me gathered together and went to the floating platform with Nicky Sir, Mildred Ma'am and Shing Hwee Ma'am. The journey there was uber long la! We were sweating already.
And the public was looking at us when we were walking there. Quite fun la. When we reached there, there were so many Army people. Very busy people, ya know? They were running everywhere.
Then we went through the route that we would be marching. When we went for water-break, the rest of Red Cross came too. So did the other UGs. Then we started the Sequence Runs.The heat was unbearable.
And I was about to faint no matter how hard i wriggled my toes. But thank God I didn't. Cos that was when we had to march off. Damn lucky la.
After all the Sequence Runs, we marched back to the Holding Area. And when we were marching, the public suddenly whipped out their cameras and starting taking pictures and videos.
And I was there praying that I looked nice.
All the Ang Mo people were also taking pics sia. If I wasn't that dark, I swear I could have blushed. The Sun roasted my whole face too. When we went back to the Holding Area, we took off our beret and realised that we had the beret line thing.As in like,the part where we cover our forehead with the beret was lighter than our other part of face.
And the part of the leg where our socks covered our skin was lighter than our legs. It was very weird. Like as if we were wearing stockings. LMAO.
After that was dinner. Dinner. DINNER! Dinner at 4pm! And I thought dinner was usually at 8pm. Anyways. The dinner was the same as the food that time. The potato balls, bread, carrots and the humungous chicken.
After that, we drank alot of water and they said that we can rest for another 15 mins before doing the final thing. That means we have to stand for the actual thing. Like the aeroplanes would come, the president would be inspecting, and the cannons would be blasting.
So we waited at the starting point and we saw the fireworks, the people (jet-skiing?) in the sea, and the helicopters. And I didn't know that the Army people would be the ones doing the Lion Dance sia. Quite cool!!
Oh yeah. Wilson Sir asked me if I was nervous. I thought I wasn't. So I said no. Then when the stupid fireworks came,I got a big shock. Then Wilson Sir looked at me and said "You sure? You should have seen ur reaction.". Then I gave an embarrassed smile. Lols.Then we marched in. And we stood still for God-Knows-How-Long. After that, we sang the National Anthem. And we stood for a very long time.
And this is the funny part. When the cannon blasts came, one girl in my contingent (I dun wanna say who) jumped. Like literally jumped. Then eveyone who saw her, their reaction was damn funny sia. Their shoulders started shaking with laughter. I also couldn't help it. So my whole body was shaking.
All the blasts she jumped sia. After the 4th or 5th one, everyone stopped laughing. But I still continued laughing. It was just so hilarious la. And I was biting my lips to stop myself. Cos I scared if later the cameras take my face when it looks so constipated from all the controlling.
After that, we were commanded to turn to the right and get ready for the march off. OH YA! I FORGOT TO SAY HOW COOLING IT WAS!! Cos it was around 7pm. And the sky was uber nice. Dark blue. And we could see gray clouds. It was drizzling when we were standing there also. But it soon stopped.
After we did the march pass, we marched back to the Holding Area. Naban Sir did a debrief with us and praised us becos we did it really well. And he said if we maintained the same standard, we are all nearly there. WHICH IS AWESOME!!! When we went to where everyone was, we drank water and went to board the bus.
I partnered Syafiqah and the other Syafiqah partnered Jia Qi. We were so drained la! And when we were driving past the people who saw us marching, they all waved at us. Damn sweet la! Then we all waved back. Hehe.
When we reached HQ, it was already 8.35pm. We went uptairs and sat down. Then we did cheers and Kenyon, Navin, Mus and another guy taught us other cheers which made Nicky Sir and Wilson Sir laugh even though it was gross stuff about them.
After that, Nicky Sir wanted to show us the video the VIs took when we did the parade. But they had to convert the video thpe to another type and they said that the downloading would take very long. So he dismissed us after Guo Ying Sir did his debrief.
After we changed out of our uniform, Ella, Adeline, Vince and I went out of the HQ. Adeline and Vince took the MRT and Ella and I took 502. Quite empty. I slept in the bus. Super duper tired lor! Then when I got down, I went to 7-11 and bought coke. I was so sick of water already.
When I got home, my mum and sisters were watching Abiyum Naanum. DAMN LOR! I didn't watch. I saw one scene only after I bathed. After that, I went to sleep. WITHOUT EATING.
So today morning, we ordered MacDonalds. Guess what I ate? I didn't eat for 18 hours okay!! That is waaaay worser than fasting during Ramadhan. I ate 3 hotcakes, 1 hashbrown, 1 burger and drank ice milo. Hehe. And I am super bloated now.
*burp!*

Story told at 10:55 AM




Where You At?
You At:

lurve-shami.blogspot.com



Pls take note!

Welcome to my blog!
Enjoy reading
N0 Ripping!
N0 Spamming!
If you hate me,pls do me a favour and leave
Thank you for your co-operation


~~~~~~~ShAmIrA™~~~~~~~



About Me

Name: ShAmiRA HyDeR NaiR
Age: 15
Birthday: 29tH May 1995
School: JuROng WeST SecONDaRy SchOOL
Class: 3e1


Wish List

1)Princess Hours GOONG DVD
2)Black and Green Wallet
3)Rebond hair
4)Many paint colours and paintbrushes
5)Find my old watch
6)Buy new watch if cannot find
7)Contact Lens
~Have the mood to tidy my cupboard
~New Clothes
~New shoes
~Nike shoes



Can't Live Without

~HiM
~My HaNDPhoNE
~My PiAnO aKa KeyBoARD
~HinDi MoviES
~HanGiNG Out WiTH PeOPLe
~My FaMiLy





Words Needed =)